Saturday, June 2, 2007

After the Blue Moon


A picture of my boy and me....My dad took the photograph when he and my mom were in town last weekend for the holiday. You can read my dad's account of the visit's meaning at his blog, Blue Wheelbarrow.
A blue moon rose in the late hours of May 31 (on the west coast)--the first one in two-and-a-half years. It feels like a small but special event early in Tate's young life. He is six weeks old today, and all indications are that he's now thriving. I'll need to take him to have his blood tested for bilirubin and liver enzyme levels toward the end of this week, but, thankfully, we won't otherwise have to visit the doctor's office until his healthy baby checkup on June 26.
Many thanks again to everyone for their thoughts and prayers for our little one in recent weeks. Aside from sharing the peace at church, my favorite time in the liturgy is the prayers of the people. There really does seem to be a channeling of energy at the time that the prayers are read, and I find it to be a powerful expression of peoples' faith in action, and to know that so many were thinking of Tate in this time of need feels comforting.
He's learning to control his facial expressions ever-so-slightly now, and we can see what his smiles will look like from time to time now. He's a sweet boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are 2 more incredible pictures. Thanks for sharing them. (I suspect that you may be posting them in self defense so that we don't call every few hours and ask what he looks like now.) We are thrilled to know he's doing well. XOX Grandma and Grandpa B from LOP